Heartwise is made up of a team of doctors, specialists and professionals who desire to seek the fulfillment of our mission of ministry through healthcare.
James L. Marcum is speaker/director of Heartwise Ministries. He is a Cardiologist practicing with the Chattanooga Heart Institute. He is very active in the television, radio, and print arm of Heartwise Ministries. He is married to Sonya and has two children, Kelli and Jake, he enjoys music and outdoor activities.
Michael Bell is director of television and radio for Heartwise Ministries. He graduated from Southern Adventist University in 2006 with a bachelor’s degree in film production and worked in the tv and radio business for 3 years before joining the Heartwise team In 2011. He is now the director over of all TV and radio programing for Heartwise Ministries. He married his wife Heidi on June 3rd 2007. When not directing Heart of Health Live Michael enjoys mountain biking, camping, hiking and spending time with his wife, friends and family.
Nick Evenson is the development and communications director at Heartwise Ministries. His background in video production and mission work has taken him to locations including India, Romania, and the Dominican Republic. He is passionate about living an active life and using his talents to share the love of Christ.
Charles Mills is the host and creative energy behind the acclaimed radio program Heartwise: mind, body, and spirit. Charles owns and operates Christian communications based in Berkeley Springs, West Virginia. This popular and well-known host has authored more than forty books, written extensively, and is the former editor of Vibrant Life. Charles has traveled the world and has interviewed leading health experts. His approach to a healing ministry is based on vibrant portraits of Jesus, revealing the Savior’s love through fresh relevant words, images, and sounds. Charles enjoys photography, music, bird watching and spending time with his wife, Dorinda.
Gina Graham volunteers in our call center and is also an illustrator and published author. Check out her column, “Gina’s Corner” in Kids’ Ministry Ideas, a magazine published by the Review & Herald Publishing Association. Her website, www.ginagraham.com has over 150 free children’s ministry printables to download.
Nathan Graham assists as audio mixer for our broadcasts enjoys likes drawing, writing, and creating complex story characters. He is working on a degree in Media Technology and wants to write for television someday.
Dale Cady volunteers in our call center and is a native New Englander having moved here from New Hampshire in 2010. She is happy to bloom where she is planted and knows that God has placed her where she can best serve Him. Dale enjoys collecting Depression glass, baking, walking, and reading inspirational books. She especially enjoys spending time with her two young grandchildren.
The Heartwise Ministries Advisory Board
- Wendell Moses, MD Pediatric Orthopedics
- Sam Ledford, MD Interventional Cardiology
- Allen Lewis, Exercise Physiology
- Wendy Halsey-Richardson, MS Audiology
- Cheryl Haag, DPM Podiatry
- David Salerno, MD Electrophysiology
- Robyn Sandin, MD Emergency Care
- Nick Van Zyl, DDS General Dentistry
- Martha Summa, Phd Autism
- Lee Jackson, MD Urology/Oncology
- Phil Mills, Dermatology
- Michelle Chinn, MSN Cardiology
- Dennis Ford, MD Pain Management
- Joseph Bird, Reproductive Endocrinology
- Michael Shepherd, MD Family Practice
- Frank Kimsey, MD Radiation/Oncology
- Glenda Parks, Lactation Consultant
- Colleen Schmitt, MD Gastrointestinal Disease
- Terry Melvin, MD Hospice care
- Allan Lewis, Exercise Physiologist
- Tareck Kadrie, MD Neurology
- Lynda Smith, FNP Skin Care
- Lee Perry, MD Allergies/Immunology
- Steven Wolf, DO Women’s Health
- Matthew Kodsi, MD PhD Neurology
- Brent Barrow, MD Radiology
- Nathan Chamberlain, MD Nephrology
- Tim Jennings, MD Psychiatry
- Eston Wenger, MD Surgery
- Dennis Thompson, DO Mens Health
- Scott Grivas, MD Natural Remedies
- Anuj Chandra, MD Sleep Medicine
- David Wendt, MD Electrophysiology
- Jim Zellner, MD Cardiothoracic surgery
- Lisa Umphrey, MD Women’s Health
- Dr. Charlene, McCullough Nutrition
- Heidi Bell, Nurse practitioner
- Dr. Phillip Swords, DDS Dentistry
- Ron Mahlo, CNP Oncology
- Drs. John and Lisa Morris, Chiropractic care
- Dr. Carlton Vollberg, Internal Medicine
- Burney Tompkins, RN Back to Nature
- Dr. Cheryl Haag, Podiatry
- Wayne Kelly, MD Pediatrics
- Dr. Larry Otto, Music Therapy
- David King, MD Surgeon
- Russell Adkins, Physical Therapy
- Dr. Joshua Crowder, Optometry
- David Lindsey, PhD
- Craig Ammerall, Respiratory Therapy